What's in the Pro Upgrade and 7 Day Trial?
What Is The Pro Upgrade
The Moment App is free to download and try. We own apps ourselves and don't like having to pay for it before we've used it. But in order to provide more advanced features we make those available in the app as a pro-upgrade. You can upgrade at any time or try out the pro features with a 7 day trial. At the end of the trial, you decide if you want to pay for the upgrade, or don't do anything and the tools will get locked up.
What Features Are Pro
- Manual controls: Shutter Speed, ISO, Focus, White Balance
- Switch between HEIF/JPG, TIFF, and RAW photo formats
- Capture RAW bursts
- Advanced Video Tools: Color Profiles, Bitrates, Waveform monitor, RGB Histogram, Audio Meters
- Works with the DSLR-like shutter button on our Battery Photo Case.
Note, these pro features are not supported by older devices:
- HEIF requires an iPhone 7 or later (7, 8, X, XR, XS)
- RAW is not supported on iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus
- Waveform monitor is not supported on iPhone 5S
- RGB Histogram is not supported on iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus
What Features Are Free
- 3D Shutter - Control your shutter like a DSLR camera using Apple’s 3D Touch technology.
- Anamorphic - use the Moment Anamorphic lens to shoot amazing, letterbox style photos and videos.
- Apple Watch - use your watch as a remote to shoot photos or record videos.
- Split Focus and Exposure - Take control of tricky lighting scenarios.
- Exposure control - Get just the right shot with a broad range of real-time exposure compensation.
- HEIF and HEVC - Seamless support for the latest Apple file formats across photos and videos.
- Chose PAL or NTSC video frame rates
- Live Photo Histogram - Get your exposure right every time.
- Auto Video Stabilization - Make your videos buttery smooth.
- Moment Lens - select which lens you are shooting with.
- Siri Shortcuts - Quick access to capture a photo or start a video
- Dual Lens Control - Manually control which side of the dual lens you want to shoot with so you can use Moment lenses over either one.
Note, these free features are not supported by some devices:
- 3D Shutter requires an iPhone 6s or later (6S, 7, 8, X, XS). XR is not supported
- HEIF/HEVC requires an iPhone 7 or later (7, 8, X, XR, XS)
- Photo Histogram is not supported on iPhone 5S
- Dual Lens Control is only available on iPhones with dual-cameras (iPhone 7 Plus, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max)
7 Day Free Trial - How Does It Work
In our new 3.8 version, we've added a 7 day free trial. This means you can use all of the app's pro features, free for 7 days. At the end of the free trial, you can either:
- keep access to pro features by making an In-App Purchase
- do not keep access to pro features. You do not need to do anything or cancel the trial--the tools will lock up once the trial is over and you will not be charged unless you specifically make another In-App Purchase for the pro features.
You begin the trial from this screen, which will appear the first time you use the app. You can also access it by either selecting any of the paid tools, or by going to the app settings (icon next to the shutter button in the bottom controls).