Are you hiring?
We're thrilled that you would consider working with our team.
Come create with us!
Moment is more than a job, it’s a journey to build a company that matters. Through the customers we reach, the work we deliver, and the social impact we leave behind.
We started this journey because we believe that the future of photography is in your pocket. What began as a Kickstarter project in 2014 has grown into the best products in the world for mobile photography. Making your phone a better camera is just the start.
We believe that building a great company is about fostering a team of people to deliver above their individual abilities. To do this we want to create a culture where people can make decisions, be empowered, and deliver their best work. We live by three values:
+ Deliver on our promises.
+ Listen patiently, act quickly.
+ Desire to improve.
Where we work?
Wherever you want. We are a 20 person team that is spread around the world. Most of us work out of our Seattle studio, but physical location is secondary to your love for mobile photography and your ability to deliver exceptional work.
We are building our culture to be remote as we recognize mobile photography happens wherever your camera takes you.How we work?
Three times a year we spend an entire week together building deeper relationships, getting better, and following our lenses. Our last offsite was to Snoqualmie, WA
In between the offsites, we break the trimester into bi-weekly sprints. Relying on tools like Slack we stay connected through chat and the occasional phone call. This allows us to focus on our work with minimal distractions.
Different than traditional companies we are not functionally organized, instead we rally around a handful of core areas that we want to be the best in the world at. It allows us to create a culture where everyone is empowered to make decisions and go faster. It also means that each team is a mix of different disciplines, providing creative growth for everyone on the team.
Who works at Moment?
We are a team of 20 that is passionate about mobile photography and empowering people. Each of us brings a unique background, which creates for a deeper, more diverse set of perspectives.
What bonds us is the quest to improve. We take great pride in our individual work and the collective results we can deliver.
Our Linkedin page is here.What is the compensation?
We keep it simple.
+ Everyone receives equity in the company.
+ Everyone receives a salary.
+ Everyone receives $550 per month cash stipend for medical OR health benefits...your choice.
+ Everyone receives $1K per year to travel the world with their camera.
+ Everyone receives $500 a year for their own equipment.
+ Company off-sites three times per year.
+ Unlimited vacation.
If you are looking for a long list of stuff, then you should look somewhere else. Our goal is to pay people well and create the best place in the world to work.
How to apply?
We are always looking for new people to join the team. More important than ability we are looking for people who are passionate about mobile photography, which means don’t forget to send us your Instagram account. If IG isn’t your thing, that’s ok, just send us a link to where you share your creative work. Email email@example.com with your resume and the title of the job you're interested in.
Don't see the position for you? Contact us for more information!
+ Program Manager
+ iOS Engineer
+ Full Stack Engineer
Moment is shipping a variety of products designed for mobile photography and travel (hardware and software), and we need our first program manager to support the team. Having our designers and engineers project managing their own work has been a great start, but as we grow, a PM is critical to help Moment ship our ambitious next generation of products. We need someone who loves photography and working with a team to ship high quality consumer products.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON:
As the PM, you will be responsible for driving projects across the entire product team. You will work internally with a team of designers and engineers during definition, development and shipping of each product. You’ll work with our content and ecommerce teams to help introduce new products to market. You’ll also work directly with any outside vendors, including our manufacturing partners.
On the hardware side we use a waterfall style method (Proto/EVT/DVT/PVT) to define, develop, manufacture and ship our work. On the software side we use a modified scrum methodology to define features and ship new releases on a bi-monthly basis. You’re expected to facilitate close collaboration within the product team (ID/ME/EE/SW). In addition, driving day-to day program activities to meet overall program objectives.
- Prioritizing development and mitigating risk — You take hard projects, track top issues, and distill them down into simple milestones the team can focus on
- Create, organize, and drive schedules across multiple projects at the same time
- Run the weekly team meetings both internally and externally
- Working with suppliers to manage integration of hardware and embedded electronics
- Occasional international travel to vendor facilities
YOU NEED THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
Beyond being passionate about photography, we are looking for the following experience:
- 3+ Years of experience managing hardware product development projects in a startup
- 3+ Years of managing consumer product projects with Asian suppliers
- Simple communication. Clear written and verbal communication with distributed internal and external team members
- Technical understanding of how to manufacture small, consumer products in Asia
- Ability to travel internationally to work with vendors and support builds
- Experience with portable electronics devices
- Experience with software is a bonus
- Bachelor's or higher degree in ME, EE, ID or similar field desired
We want to make the best tools in the world for mobile photography. We created the Moment App to deliver advanced photography tools that you won’t get in the native app. Building the best tools requires amazing developers who are passionate about photography. We’re looking for another developer to join the team, helping to make the Moment App the best on the market.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON:
Shipping new features and improving our existing ones. We have a belief that a new feature doesn’t ship until it’s ready, which means we prioritize quality over quantity. We are nimble in shipping as frequently as we can, but our first priority is customer experience. Our team of developers range across the entire app. Your general areas of focus include:
- Help to define new features with the team.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to quickly prototype new features.
- Implement features, frameworks, and fixes in iOS development environment.
- A focus on UI design principles, motion, and making apps work intuitively.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Beyond being passionate about mobile photography we are looking for the following experiences:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or 3+ Years of iOS development
- Strong understanding of Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa frameworks
- Experienced a full product lifecycle from design to release
- Comfortable writing unit tests, architecting testable code
- Experience with or interest in machine learning and computer vision
- Experience with or interest in image processing. Especially OpenGL or Metal + CoreImage
- C/C++ experience a plus
- Android experience a plus
- U.S. applicants only, please
- Bonus if you have prior experience working with Craft, VueJS, and database management.
- Enjoys working with a CMS to support the creation of rad content.
- Experience in developing websites using Responsive Web Design technology.
- Should be familiar with graphics design and image editing tools like Adobe Photoshop and Sketch.
- Must have capacity to work independently and as a part of team.
- Should write clean, well designed code.
- U.S. applicants only please
FILMMAKER - (NYC, SEA, LA)
Moment is a collection of photographers, videographers, designers, and engineers who believe the world is a better place when you get lost and follow your lens. We make content, develop products & apps, and guide trips that help people discover, shoot, and share epic moments.
Why we need you
Our team is growing quickly, as we increase the quality and frequency of the content we produce. We need a multi-faceted team player who is passionate about content creation and can help us take our social channels, publication The Momentist, and all other video content to the next level. We’re looking for a dependable self-starter with the skills necessary to drive pre-production, production, and post-production – both on their own, and in collaboration with our video team.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON:
- Creating video content and managing other creators to facilitate the best possible content, for our e-commerce website, social channels, and marketing campaigns.
- Participate in weekly pitch meetings, generating new ideas for connecting with our community.
- Manage one of our social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and others.
- Build relationships with up and coming creatives, rad brands, and other influencers for one-time and ongoing collaborations
- Keep a tab on other brands/blogs to stay current on trends and new ideas to reach and connect with our customers/community.
- Pitch and develop your own stories to be published on the Momentist and social channels.
- Project Manage projects that may require the help of other departments from start to finish.
- Assist the entire Moment team with customer support emails. We believe that, since the customer is essential to our success, our entire team should be in-touch with customers.
YOU NEED THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
Beyond being passionate about mobile filmmaking, we are looking for the following experiences:
- You are an excellent videographer with a passion for storytelling, mobile photography, and the creative community.
- You are highly engaged on one or more social channels, exhibiting a drive to connect and share your work
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to grow a social channel.
- Deeper knowledge of Youtube, Vimeo, or Facebook Video analytics is a plus.
- Experience with a start-up or other fast-paced and ever-changing environment is preferred.
- You are a self-starter who can work well both independently and on a team.
- You are able to work remotely and stay on task without direct oversight
- You’re competitive: a hustler who loves a challenge
- Customer Support experience is a plus.