Last Updated: January 23rd, 2020
Table of Contents
2. What information we collect
3. How we use your information
4. How we share your information
5. Data storage
6. Your rights and preferences
7. Children's Data
9. Changes to this policy
10. How to contact us
2. What information we collect
A. Information you provide to us
When you create an account, we collect the information you provide us, such as your name and email address. You may choose to share additional info with us for your profile, like your phone number, and saved payment information or addresses (e.g., billing or shipping), and set up other preferences (such as your device type).
If you purchase a product through the Platform, you will be required to provide us with your name, email, phone number, billing address, and shipping address. We use this information to process and ship your order(s), and you authorize us to share this information with suppliers of the product(s) that you order, so that they can process and ship your order(s).
We collect information within any messages and feedback you send to us (such as feedback, surveys, and questions sent to customer support) or publicly post (such as in product reviews).
B. Information we collect
Usage Information. This includes data about the pages you visit, when, what products you purchased, what promotional codes you used emails and ads you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages, and inferences of your non-precise location.
Device Information. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and advertising identifiers.
Cookies, Analytics, and Third Party Technologies. We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, data analytics tools like Google Analytics, SDKs, and other third party technologies to understand how you navigate through the Platform and interact with advertisements. This allows us to learn what content is popular, improve your site experience, serve you better ads on other sites, and better understand your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Moment website. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may miss out on certain features
We also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Services or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us uploading a customer list to a technology service or incorporating a pixel from technology service into our own Service, and the technology service matching common factors between our data and their data. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Service and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences. Some technology services may provide us with their own data, which is then uploaded into another technology service for matching common factors between those datasets.
For Google Adwords, you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Information from other sources. We also collect information from other sources. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from:
- Customers or users of the Platform
- Data brokers or resellers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Platform, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
3. How we use your information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide the Moment Platform
- Maintain the security and safety of the Moment Platform and its users
- Improve the Moment Platform
- Respond to legal proceedings and obligations.
Providing the Moment Platform. We use your personal information to provide an intuitive, useful, efficient, and worthwhile experience on our platform. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity and maintain your account, settings, and preferences
- Connect you to your orders and track their progress
- Calculate prices and process payments
- Communicate with you about your orders
- Collect feedback regarding your experience
- Facilitate additional services and programs with third parties
- Operate contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions.
- Communicate with you about events, promotions, and campaigns;
- Personalize and provide content, experiences, communications, and advertising to promote and grow the Moment Platform
- Investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the Moment Platform
- Provide you support or respond to you.
Maintaining the Security and Safety of the Moment Platform and its Users. Providing you a secure and safe experience drives our platform, both on the road and on our apps. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Authenticate users
- Find and prevent fraud
- Block and remove unsafe or fraudulent users from the Moment Platform
Improving the Moment Platform. We are always working to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Perform research, testing, and analysis
- Develop new products, features, partnerships, and services
- Prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues
- Monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms, and other modeling.
Responding to Legal Proceedings and Requirements. Sometimes the law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies may impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the products and services we seek to provide. In such a circumstance, we may use your personal information to respond to those demands or obligations.
4. How we share your information
We do not sell your personal information. To make the Moment Platform work, we may need to share your personal information with other users, third parties, and service providers. This section explains when and why we share your information.
Service Providers. We hire other companies to process information on our behalf for our business purposes. We share information with service providers but only to the extent needed to enable them to provide such services. Service providers assist us with services such as direct email and regular mail marketing, billing, Product order fulfillment and shipping, customer service, data storage, hosting services, event registration.
Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors for business and commercial purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. Vendors may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information.
Affiliates. We share information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
Promotions. When you voluntarily enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
Disclosure to Public Authorities. We may be required to share information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share information when compelled to do so by government authorities or required by law or regulation including, but not limited to, in response to court orders and subpoenas. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Services or anyone else.
Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Services.
Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
5. Data Storage
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you and our other users the Moment Platform. This means we keep your profile information for as long as you maintain an account. We retain transactional information such as billing and shipping information for at least seven years to ensure we can perform legitimate business functions, such as accounting for tax obligations.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
6. Your Rights and Preferences
Moment provides ways for you to access and delete your personal information as well as exercise other data rights that give you certain control over your personal information.
A. All Users
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages. We will still send you transactional and relational emails about your use of the Moment Platform.
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Moment Platform.
Profile Information. You can review and edit certain account information you have chosen to add to your profile by logging in to your account settings and profile.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings.
Cookie Tracking. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser, but if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may be missing out on certain features of the Moment Platform.
Do Not Track. Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. The Moment Platform does not currently support Do Not Track requests at this time. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
B. California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below. To exercise these rights see the “Exercising Your California Privacy Rights” section.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction
- Provide you a good or service
- Perform a contract between us and you
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it
- Fix our system in the case of a bug
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using one of the following methods:
- Email: You may write to us to exercise rights. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number associated with your use of the Moment Platform, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner.
- Webform: You may use this form to exercise your rights.
Response Timing and Format. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
7. Children’s Data
Moment is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Links to 3rd Party Websites
The Moment Platform may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites may have privacy policies that differ from ours. We are not responsible for those websites, and we recommend that you review their policies. Please contact those websites directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
9. Changes to this policy
We may update this policy from time to time as the Moment Platform changes and privacy law evolves. If we update it, we will do so online, and if we make material changes, we will let you know through the Moment Platform or by some other method of communication like email. When you use Moment, you are agreeing to the most recent terms of this policy.
10. How To Contact Us
If there are any questions regarding your data privacy or anything in this policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer through our Help Center or at email@example.com.